What does a naturopathic physician do to boost their immune system from the corona virus?
With lots of media frenzy and fears around the Corona virus, I wanted to make you all a video and recipe about what I do as a naturopathic physician to help protect and nourish my family. Here is one delicious recipe you can try at home to boost your family’s immune system!
Immune Boosting Jello Recipe:
6 cups of filtered water, with 5 cups in a pot and one cup in a bowl
6 heaping tablespoons of organic beef gelatin (in the video, I only use four, but I should have used more!)
2 tablespoons rosehips
3 tablespoons dried immune mushroom powder (reishi, shitake, turkey tail, cordyceps, maitake)
3 cups frozen berries
3 peeled oranges
3 tablespoons mint mixture (rosemary, lavender and mint)
2 tablespoons hibiscus flower
3 tablespoons Bill Mitchell’s berry concentrate
2 tablespoons echinacea glycerite
2 tablespoons astragalus tincture
3 tablespoons black elderberry syrup
6 tablespoons honey (I verbally say 7, but it was actually six)
4 drops of stevia extract
- Mix 4 heaping tablespoons of beef gelatin into 1 cup of cold water and stir. Allow this mixture to get gooey and then add to your other six cups of water in a pot.
- Stir mushroom powder into pot.
- Add rosehips into a linen tea bag and float in pot. I skewer my tea bags with a chopstick to keep them from sinking and opening in the pot.
- Add frozen berries into pot.
- Boil mixture for 8-10 minutes and then remove from heat.
- Blend three oranges and ½ cup liquid from pot in a blender. Add to pot.
- Add mint mixture and hibiscus to linen teabags, skewer with a chopstick and float in pot.
- Add berry concentrate, echinacea, astragalus, black elderberry syrup, honey and stevia and stir mixture.
- Strain tea bags and remove.
- Pour into shallow glass container, cover and gently place in fridge. Wait a few hours until the jello sets. Eat and enjoy!
Please do not hesitate to reach out to any of our doctors if you need support, if you want ideas about how to make similar recipes or to place immune boosting supplement orders.
We wish your family health and wellness-
Dr. Lauren Gresham and the entire team at Nutima Integrative Medicine